Our membership includes business owners, working mothers, professional women, and stay-at-home moms from diverse backgrounds. We come from all over the Shoals area to work together to build a better community.
– Connections to our community and those in need, to people we serve and to those we serve with.
– Training for effective community service and leadership, including finance, fundraising, leadership, public relations and marketing, advocacy and personal development.
– Awareness of community needs and opportunities to contribute to solutions.
– Interaction and partnerships with community leaders.
– Leadership Development – opportunities to serve on community Board of Directors and chair committees that make an impact in the community.
– New friends and opportunities for continued growth and personal fulfillment.
– Membership Transferability – League membership is transferable throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, and England.
Annual Duties of Active Membership
– Attend General Meetings
– One 4 hour shift at Apple Annie Day and participation by purchasing apples
– One shift at Sugarplum Marketplace and participation by purchasing tickets
– Pay tax-deductible dues—currently $104.00
– Perform volunteer services
An Active member may elect Sustaining membership at the end of her sixth year of membership.
New Member – Provisional
- Candidates are placed in a Provisional Class led by an active member dedicated to training them about the Junior League of the Shoals. Provisional meetings are structured to offer training, provide information about how the League operates, answer questions, and develop friendships.
- After completing the Provisional Class, members attain “Active” status.
- Active members review the Placement Portfolios (Community and In-League Placement) and sign up for a new placement each year.
- Any member who has completed at least six (6) years as an Active who wishes to remain a member of the League but chooses not be an Active can become a Sustaining Member.
Are you moving to the Shoals area and would like to transfer your membership from another League to the Junior League of the Shoals? We would love for you to join us!