Junior League of the Shoals was established in 1935 originally as the Junior League Auxiliary with 30 women. Then transitioned to the Muscle Shoals District Service League. As of 2006 we have been known as The Junior League of the Shoals.
Now 300+ women strong, consisting of both active member and sustainers giving back to our communities. 80 years of promoting volunteerism, helping develop the potential of women, and improving our communities through effective action and leadership of trained volunteers whose purpose is exclusively educational and charitable!
We are a diverse group ranging in ages, professions and backgrounds.
The Junior League of the Shoals does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion or national origin, and reaches out to women of all races, creeds, religions and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism. There is no deliberative process in the admission system. The League uses only the following criteria for prospective members:
• Age: A new member must be 21 years old
• Residency: A new member must reside in Colbert, Franklin, or Lauderdale County of Alabama
• Sponsors: Each prospective member must secure two current or former members to serve as sponsors
• Summer: Membership Applications become available for the next year.
• Membership Fee due by first meeting, typically first Tuesday of September.
Questions? Please contact us.