Junior League of the Shoals was established in 1934 originally as the Junior League Auxiliary with 30 women. The Junior League of the Shoals is now 215 women strong, consisting of both active member and sustainers giving back to our communities. 80 years of promoting volunteerism, helping develop the potential of women, and improving our communities through effective action and leadership of trained volunteers whose purpose is exclusively educational and charitable!
We are a diverse group ranging in ages, professions, and backgrounds.
The Junior League of the Shoals does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion or national origin, and reaches out to women of all races, creeds, religions and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism. There is no deliberative process in the admission system. The League uses only the following criteria for prospective members:
– Age: A new member must be 21 years old
– Residency: A new member must reside in Colbert, Franklin, or Lauderdale County of Alabama
– Sponsors: Each prospective member must secure two current or former members to serve as sponsors
– April: Membership Applications become available.
– August: In August we have a social to invite potential new members to learn more about Junior League of the Shoals and its impact on the community.
-The deadline for your membership application is August 7.
-Membership Fee due at first league meeting.
Questions? Please contact us.